Secondary Health Care
Vivekananda Eye Hospital
The Vivekananda Eye Hospital at Gumballi has been offering quality eye care services to the community free of cost that includes screening, consultation and surgery. Equipped with modern equipments, the hospital is integrated into the primary health care. The main activities are:
- Screening, examination, evaluation and surgery for blindness due to cataract
- Promotion of Vitamin A supplementation through ANMs/male health workers
- Strengthening immunization services, particularly measles
- Early detection, health education and treatment of chronic diseases like Diabetes Mellitus through special Sunday clinics
- Compulsory annual screening and examination for retinopathy changes for hypertensive and diabetic patients
- Routine out-patient services, emergency eye care and correction of refractive errors
- Weekly eye camps
First Referral Unit
Karuna Trust has extended its services beyond Primary Health Centre in engagement with the Government. In partnership with Government of Karnataka and Diwakar Services Trust, Karuna Trust is managing a First Referral Unit for emergency obstetric care and neonatal services under Thayi Bhagya scheme in Community Health Centre, Santhemaranahalli, Chamarajanagar.
Citizen Help Desk
Citizen Help Desk is one of the innovative schemes which empowers the public with information and provides guidance to health services in the Government Hospitals. Karuna Trust is managing Citizen Help Desks in two hospitals, one in Jayanagar General Hospital, Bangalore and the other at Ramanagar District Hospital, Ramanagar offering round the closk services.
Services offered are:
- Improved services at the Government hospitals by educating the staff and public about facilities and services available
- Timely feedback to the concerned authorities regarding staff and drug stock outs
- Enhanced transparency and accountability in the delivery of services
- Empower the public with information from Help Desk and provide guidance through posters, leaflets and boards
- Establish a link between service providers and users through regular feedback mechanism.
- Regular interaction camps in the areas inhabited by poor to build confidence amongst the poor to access services at Public hospitals.